Monday, June 21, 2010

Farmers' Market

First Stop Saturday morning was the local farmers' market.  I LOVE the farmers' market.  Many other people in our town LOVE the farmers market;  this is quite evident at 7:15am Saturday morning when you cannot find a place to park!
I came home with Zinnias, Milk, Peaches, and Blueberries.  The milk is from the Brown Family Dairy down the street from our house.  It is so good.  Last year I even called my mom to tell her about the non-homogenized milk where the cream rests on the top of the milk.  She told me that is how she had milk growing up not far from where the Brown Family Dairy is now located.  It seems word of this local dairy made it to the The New York Times where you can read about the Brown Family Dairy. 

With all this fresh fruit, I'm planning on making a berry peach cobbler tonight for dessert.  It was on the cover of Cooking Light last summer when I didn't have a kitchen.  A year later I'm going to finally try it out.
If our back porch was complete, that is where I would want to eat this cobbler, but since it is still a work in progress, check out these inviting alfresco dining spaces.
Country Style
Elle Decor
Martha Stewart


P.S.  Happy Father's Day, Dad!  You are the best!  

Happy First Day of Work, Ashley!  Can't wait to visit you in Nashville!













No comments: