The shelves have been complete for a few weeks, but today I decided to go ahead and photograph them. I've been trying to find the perfect framed artwork for the top shelves, but I pulled some prints I had framed out of storage and put them on the top shelves. (It is not like those prints are going to be hanging on a wall anytime soon anyway.) I really wanted floating shelves and was pretty determined that we could build them.
The trick was the blocking we installed a long time ago before the walls were finished. After a long morning at home depot we found the brackets.
Britton built a hollow box and then slid the box on the bracket...ta da!